Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Blog Hop...Favorite Recipe

I have a lot of favorite recipes and food that I like but I thought I would share a cake that I make every Christmas. It doesn't have a name but it is soooo yummy. My family always request it at Christmas. I got the recipe from a lady I use to work with and she didn't have a name for it either. My family always call it Crystal's Cake she makes.

Crystal's Cake:
1st Step
Mix the following ingredients in bowl:
1 Butter Pecan Cake Mix (Betty Crocker)
1 Can Coconut Pecan Icing
4 Whole Eggs
1 Cup of Water
3/4 Cup Vegetable Oil

2nd Step
Spray bundt pan with pam
Dust pan with powdered sugar
Sprinkle chopped pecans on bottom of pan
Pour the mix above into pan
Bake at 350 for 55 minutes

3rd Step (Icing)
Mix the following:
8oz Cream Cheese
1/2 Stick of Melted Butter
1 tsp of Vanilla
1 Box of 10x Powdered Sugar (I use about 3/4 of a box)

Once the cake is finished baking and cooled, dump bundt cake on to cake dish and sprinkle icing all over the cake to your likings.

Tip: my icing always gets really thick, so i get a large pot of water and boil it on the stove and stick a plastic bowl (one that will not melt) in to it with the icing in it to thin it out. That way it is really easy to drizzle icing all over the cake

I wish I had a picture of it b/c I think it looks so pretty with the icing drizzled over it! I hope you enjoy!

No comments: