Monday, August 24, 2009

Check, Check, Check

I am finally starting to feel like I have made some progress with my wedding "to do" list! I've been out of commission for the past three weeks b/c I was on vacation and then I've been sick and have not been up to planning. This past weekend I feel like we got so much done! I got my florist picked out and the flowers picked out - check, my table centerpieces for the reception - check, MOB dress and shoes - check, plates and cups - check, shoes for the bridesmaids - check, thank you notes for the shower - check and invitations are in the mail - check! I feel a big relief now! We are trying to do a cost conscious wedding because neither one of us see the point in spending tons of money on a wedding that is only a few hours long. I mean we are having a nice wedding but just not going overboard. We are getting married at my parents and I've searched for the best deal for everything! Speaking of good deals this past Saturday my mom, sister, aunt, and myself went to the mall to get bridesmaid shoes and look for a MOB dress! Well my mom was prepared to spend a $150 - $200 on a dress at least...well we picked one out in Belks and while she was in the dressing room trying it on, I happen to look on the clearance rack and found a beautiful dress marked down from $136 to $67 then to $33 and it was her size. I thought something had to be wrong with it, so I searched and searched and nothing! I took it to her and it looked great on her! Now the best part when we went to pay it came up to be $21!!! Whoohooo! Now to the shoes....we were in Macey's later that evening and my sister found the perfect shoes to go with it on clearance for $25 and they too were her size! Well when we went to pay for them they came to be $12! So all in all my mom has a beautiful outfit for the wedding for less than $50! I hope I get more deals like that! I wish I would have thought to take pictures on Saturday! It was so nice to spend the day with my mom, sister, and aunt! It was so fun!

No comments: