Friday, September 18, 2009

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Recipe

So I've never really cared about cooking that much up until lately. Maybe because I'm getting married next month and I feel like I should be able to cook for husband. I don't really have many recipes, most of them are what I've got off blogs or from Kelly's Korner. So I'm excited about this week and to get some ideas!
Well I just got a crock pot for my bridal shower and oh my goodness I am in love! It is so easy to make pretty much anything. Last weekend I made ribs in it. I got up that morning and put them in the crock pot with salt, pepper, and bbq sauce. I let them cook for about 8 hours and oh my goodness they were so good and fell off the bone.
Another thing I tried with the crock pot is put chicken breasts with cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, salt and pepper. I let it cook for about 6 hours and server over rice with rolls. Very yummy and easy!
I'm sure all of you have seen this recipe on Kelly's recipe blog but this is very big hit with the future hubby. He loved it...
Poppy Seed Chicken
Ingredients:-2 or 3 chicken breasts, boiled and cut in small pieces-1 16 oz sour cream-2 cans cream of chicken-2 tbls of poppyseeds (I don't measure - I just shake a ton in)-Ritz crackers-1 stick of butterMix the first 4 ingredients and put in a baking dish.
Cover with crushed up ritz crackers.
Melt a stick of butter and pour on top.
Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350.
This is so good and we also serve this over rice!
So there you have very simple....but I'm learning ;) haha

No comments: